I was listening to a BBC podcast about IVF and what I heard shocked me.
First of all, what shocked me was the IVF statistics
“Between 2014 and 2016 the percentage of IVF treatments that resulted in a live birth was:
– 29% for women under 35
– 23% for women aged 35 to 37
– 15% for women aged 38 to 39…”
These statistics don’t look great.
What About IVF Add-ons?
A lot of clinics offer IVF add-ons that are supposed to increase your chances to have a baby.
Apparently, some of these add-ons not only won’t increase your probabilities but indeed will decrease it!
Here is the list of some you should be aware of:
1. PREIMPLANTATION GENETIC SCREENING (PGS) is $5,000 on average a pop and is proven to lower your rate of success with IVF.
2. ASSISTED HATCHING is $1,000 on average a pop that has not been shown to improve pregnancy rates.
3. REPRODUCTIVE IMMUNOLOGY TESTS AND TREATMENT is $8,000 on average a pop carries the risks for both mom and baby and is not proven to increase birth rates at all…
…and so on! You can check the full list over here
So to summarise…
IVF has low rates of success. It’s extremely expensive and invasive.
Clinics try to make you pay more for treatments that lower your chances of getting pregnant – and are sometimes even harmful to both mom and baby!
So would you rather pay for something that may hurt you and your baby or for something that will increase your fertility chances naturally?
Would you rather feel like crap after the procedure or would you like to feel amazing?